GET INTO THE MOOD
You will not get an erection just by taking ViagrON. You must be sexually stimulated for it to
TAKE YOUR TIME
ViagrON usually starts to work within 30-60 minutes. You may take it up to4 hours before
sexual activity. So there’s no need to rush.
EAT SMART BEFORE YOU START
ViagrON can be taken with or without food. If you take ViagrON after a high fat meal (such
as a cheeseburger and french fries), It may take a little longer to start working. If you’ve tried
VIAGRON and if you’re still not getting results, ask your doctor about the situation.
Remember, VIAGRON should not be taken more than one time a day.
Strength: 100 mg (Sildenafil)
Molecular Formula: C28 H38 N6O11S
Molecular Weight: 666.703 g/mol
Active Ingredient: Sildenafil Citrate, 140 mg
CAS number: 17159983-0
Market Status: Prescription
Company: Hilma Biocare
ViagrON is used to treat erectile dysfunction, more commonly known as impotence, in men.
This is when a man cannot get, or keep, a hard erect penis suitable for sexual activity.
ViagrON belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. It
works by relaxing the blood vessels in your penis when you are sexually excited. This allows
blood to flow into your penis, allowing you to get an erection in the natural way. ViagrON will
work only if you are sexually excited. ViagrON will not increase your sex drive. ViagrON is
not for use in women.
BEFORE YOU TAKE VIAGRON
You must not take ViagrON if you are taking any nitrate medication. It may lead to a severe
drop in your blood pressure, which may be difficult to treat. Because sexual activity may
place a strain on your heart, your doctor – will need to check whether you are fit enough to
BEFORE YOU START TO TAKE VIAGRON
Tell your doctor if: You have any allergies to any other medicines or any other substances
such as foods, preservatives or dyes. You have other heart or blood vessel problems. You
have previously had sudden loss of eyésight in one or both eyes. You have any of the
following medical conditions:
• diabetes, especially if you also have eye problems
• kidney or liver problems
• leukaemia (cancer of the blood cells)
• multiple myeloma (a cancer of the bone marrow)
• any disease or deformity of your penis
• any bleeding disorder such as haemophilia
• stomach ulcer
•a disease of the blood called sickle cell anaemia
• colour vision problems
• previously experienced sudden decrease or loss of hearing. You are receiving any other
treatment for impotence. You have any other medical conditions. If you have not told your
doctor or pharmacist about any of the above, tell them before you start taking ViagrON.
Taking other medicines Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines,
including medicines you buy without a prescription from a pharmacy, supermarket or health
food shop. Do not take ViagrON if you are using nitrate medicines for angina. Some
medicines and ViagrON may interfere with each other. These include: • cimetidine, a
medicine used to treat ulcers
• some medicines used to treat fungal infections including ketoconazole and itraconazole
• some antibiotics including erythromycin and rifampicin
• some protease inhibitors such as ritonavir and saquinavir for the treatment of HIV infection
• medicines called alpha-blockers.
These are used to treat high blood pressure or prostate problems.
You may need different amounts of your medicine or you may need to take different
medicines. Your doctor or pharmacist can tell you what to do if you are taking any of these
medicines. They also have a more complete list of medicines to be careful with or avoid
while taking ViagrON. Ask your doctor or pharmacist, if you are not sure if you are taking any
of these medicines.
DO NOT TAKE VIAGRON IF:
1. you are being treated for angina (chest pain) or other heart conditions with certain
medicines called nitrates, Nitrate medicines include glyceryl trinitrate (also called
nitroglycerin). Common trade names include tablets; such as Anginine, Lycinate and
Nitrostat; patches such as Nitro-Dur, Transiderm-Nitro, Nitroderm TTS and Minitran; sprays
such as Nitrolingual and Glytrin and injections such as Glyceryl trinitrate concentrate,
Common trade names for other nitrate preparations include tablets such as Imdur Durules,
Monodur durules, Sorbidin, Isordil, Corangin, ISMO 20, Imtrate, Duride, Isomonit, Ikorel and
Sodium Nitroprusside. There may be other trade names not listed here.
2. You are using amyl nitrite.
3. You have heart or blood vessel problems that make sexual intercourse inadvisable.
4. You have suffered a heart attack or stroke in the last 6 months
5. You have severe liver problems.
6. Your blood pressure is unusually high or low or is not effectively treated.
7. You have loss of vision in one or both eyes from an eye disease called non-arteritic
anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION).
8. You have an eye disease called retinitis pigmentosa.
9. You have an allergy to:
• ViagrON or similar medicines;
• any of the ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet. An allergic reaction can include:
• hives, itching or skin rash;
• swelling of the face, lips or tongue which may lead to difficulty swallowing or breathing.
10. the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or does not look quite right even if the
tablets may look alright.
11. The expiry date on the pack has passed. If it has expired or is damaged, return it to your
pharmacist for disposal.
HOW TO TAKE VIAGRON
Take ViagrON exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
Follow all directions given to you by your doctor and pharmacist carefully. They may differ
from the information contained in this leaflet. If you do not understand the instructions on the
pack, ask your doctor or pharmacist for help.
HOW MUCH TO TAKE
Do not take more than one dose of ViagrON a day.
WHEN TO TAKE VIA GRON
Take your dose of ViagrON about one hour before you intend to have sex. Swallow the
tablet whole with a full glass of water. The amount of time ViagrON takes to start working
varies from person to person, but it normally takes between half an hour and one hour. You
may find ViagrON takes longer to work if you take it with a heavy meal. ViagrON will work
only if you are sexually excited.
WHILE YOU ARE TAKING VIAGRON
Stop taking ViagrON if you have a loss of eyesight in one or both eyes, experienced loss of
hearing or have an erection that persists more than 4 hours. Seek medical attention urgently.
If ViagrON does not help you get an erection or if your erection does not last long enough to
complete sexual intercourse, tell your doctor. If you are about to start taking any new
medicines, especially nitrates, tell your doctor and pharmacist that you are taking ViagrON.
THINGS TO BE CAREFUL OF
Be careful drinking alcohol while taking ViagrON. Drinking alcohol can temporarily impair the
ability to get an erection. Do not drink large amounts of alcohol before sexual activity. If you
experience changes in vision, or dizziness, when taking ViagrON, you should not drive or
Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are taking
If unwanted effects occur, most are likely to be minor and temporary. However, some may
be serious and need medical attention. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the
following and they worry you:
• headache, dizziness;
• nasal congestion 3B
• rash. Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
• unusual heart beat
• urinary tract infection (stinging or burning urine, more frequent need to pass urine)
• blood in the urine;
• persistent headache or faintingB
• bleeding from the nose. If any of the following happen, tell your doctor immediately or go to
Accident and Emergency at your nearest hospital: signs of allergy such as shortness of
breath, wheezing or difficulty breathing; swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts
• chest pain
• sudden decrease or loss of hearing
• seizures, fits or convulsions
• very rarely your erection may persist for longer than usual. If your erection continues for
four hours, or sooner if there is pain, you should seek medical attention urgently
• rarely men have lost eyesight some time after taking drugs to treat erectile dysfunction
(known as impotence). If you lose eyesight in one or more eyes or experience changes in
vision such as blurring. a blue colour to your vision or a greater awareness of light, seek
medical attention urgently.
Strore in a cool dry place with the temperature below 30°C. Protect from direct sunlight.
Keep away from children.